PERSADO Selected to the 2017 AI 100, Highlighting Advancements in Cognitive Content Generation
January 11, 2017 – SANTA BARBARA – CB Insights today selected Persado, a cognitive content generation platform, to the prestigious Artificial Intelligence 100 list (“AI 100”), a select group of emerging private companies working on groundbreaking artificial intelligence technology. CB Insights CEO and co-founder, Anand Sanwal, revealed the winners during The Innovation Summit, a gathering of top executives and investors to explore the industries of the future.
“We are proud to be recognized among an elite group of pioneers and disruptors in the field of AI, technology that we wholeheartedly believe will transform every aspect of lives and businesses in very short order. For marketing, we’ve taken an AI approach to vastly improve the efficacy of brands’ communication: Persado is the best way to choose your words. We’re excited to push the boundaries of our cognitive content solution to deeper levels of personalization in marketing and beyond,” said Alex Vratskides, Cofounder and CEO, Persado.
Companies such as Affectiva, Blue River Technology, Deep Instinct, Sentient Technologies and Orbital Insight joined Persado in being recognized for their amazing teams, technology, and traction in front of an audience of 400 senior executives from around the world.
The CB Insights research team selected the AI 100 winners based on a combination of data submitted by the companies, responses to interview questions and the company’s Mosaic Score. Mosaic is an algorithm built with funding from the National Science Foundation that gives predictive intelligence into the health of private companies.
“From financial services to healthcare to transport, incumbent companies in every industry are seeing that AI will reshape their industries. And as so often happens, transformational innovation comes from emerging companies. In the case of AI, a lot of the groundbreaking work is being done by the AI 100. The companies in the AI 100 are accelerating research, improving efficiency, and making many game-changing advancements that will be felt for decades to come,” CB Insights CEO Anand Sanwal said.
Quick facts on the AI 100:
- In total, these 100 emerging private companies have raised $3.8B across 263 deals since 2012, according to CB Insights.
- Applications of their technology include breakthroughs in healthcare, drug discovery, business intelligence, gaming, manufacturing, and much more.
- More than 1,650 companies were nominated or applied for the AI 100 (only 6% were selected).
- Data Collective has backed 14 of the AI 100 companies, while NEA backed 8 and Bloomberg Beta backed 7.
- There have been 9 mega-rounds (funding rounds of $100M or more) to AI 100 companies since 2014.
- Five AI 100 companies have reached a valuation of $1B or more (also known as unicorn status).
- 11 countries are represented among the winners.
The AI 100 Winners:
Blue River Technology
Loop AI Labs
Pilot AI Labs
Rokid Corporation, Ltd.
Semantic Machines, Inc.
Zebra Medical Vision
For more information about the AI 100, visit: